List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: SSL on KDE protocols (ioslave developers please read this)
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-05-11 11:40:34

On Friday, 11. May 2001 08:48, George Staikos wrote:
>    Tonight I added SSL support to TCPSlaveBase and extended this into
> kio_smtp, kio_pop3 and kio_imap.  I also added TLS (via STARTTLS/STLS)
> support to TCPSlaveBase and thus far have extended it to kio_smtp and
> kio_pop3.  This code isn't complete yet, but it's good enough for a start.
> I have added the hooks into kcmcrypto and kmail for this so far.  (although
> KMail still doesn't use kio_smtp)

>    Please give these slaves a test on SSL or TLS based pop, imap and smtp
> servers.  I need feedback.  I've only been able to test pop3+SSL so far.

I tested pop3s and imaps. Unfortunately they both don't work for me (https
still works).
I get a progress bar and then it still does nothing. Also when I close KMail
after such I try only the window is closed, but the KMail process still runs.
Attached is the network traffic. I can't see much in there.

Regards,
Michael Häckel
["pop3s" (application/octet-stream)]