List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_smtp and kmail identities
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-05-11 6:47:23

On Thursday, 10. May 2001 19:04, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Hi..
>
> OK.. I'm back from the nether-regions of real life and once again can start
> my "having fun" hacking tours... =)) I have taken Neil's kio_smtp patch and
> fixed it up a bit... the next step was to hook it into the kmail GUI.. i
> started doing this whilst waiting to hear back from Alex Zepeda re:kio_smtp
> being usable apart from the kemailsettings. he has no desire to remove this
> dependency for a few reasons, and i agree with him.

I also don't understand this.

Why can't the slave simply accept a common URL, like nearly all other slaves?

smtp://username:pass@host:port/
and
smtps://username:pass@host:port/

should do the trick.
At least I can't see and additional information which is configurable in
kemailsettings.

Regards,
Michael Häckel