List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail last of 16 Win/Mac/Linux Mail Clients in c't test!
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-05-05 18:49:05

Michael Häckel wrote:

<snip>
> For me that in more an argument against bying that
> magazine or believing their test results in general.

Nonono. While I agree that they haven't spent much time on KMail (they
seem to not even read the handbook), I wouldn't dare to say anythings
against the quality of test reports in c't. Go to the shop and get the
current issue on Monday: They test _Power Supplies_ there. Name any
other computer magazine that does that. Or name a single journal that
buys a few RAM sticks all over Germany, walks to the next DEM 1,000,000
RAM tester and finds out that noname RAM sticks are all crap?

> Well, I don't know, if they do all their test that bad, but for most of the
> things they really must be blind IMHO to not find them. Also several things
> they consider important, I for example consider fairly useless, for example
> what they want to have with pop3.
<snip>

But I think what this test (together with those non-bug reports like the
one I just closed) shows is the following:
The features are there, but they are hidden. How many bug reports were
there in the last months asking for addressbook completion in the
composer? Yeah, tell them to CTRL-T, but what they really expect is
konqueror-style completion. Just an example.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>     http://EncryptionHOWTO.sourceforge.net/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)