List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch to set status of all unread mails to read
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-04-30 6:39:08

On Sunday, 29. April 2001 22:22, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this patch will set all selected mails to status "read" in case they were
> "unread". This is because I often skip a lot of mails in mailinglists and
> then mark all mails to set them to "read". Unfortunately I'll then lose all
> "replied" and "flagged" status indicators.
>
> This is my first try, so don't hesitate to contact me if you dislike
> something in this patch...

If you add "diff -u3 -p" the patch is better readable and even applies
correctely, if there were changes to the file.

I think, that "new" messages are also unread and not only those that really
have the status "unread" and therefore should also be marked read by this
action.
What about using the already present function KMHeaders::setMsgRead ?

Regards,
Michael Häckel