List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Filter question and praise
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2001-04-29 14:58:14

On Saturday 28 April 2001 04:58 pm, Stefan Taferner wrote:

> Maybe add an option to not stop filtering at a matching rule?

YES! That would be nice!

> My original implementation had this by default and it was changed because
> it seemed to confuse users.
>
> No offense, but IMO this is a shortcoming now that you cannot make minor
> filter rules that do not stop filtering.

Stefan...I really wish I knew how to program so I could do more than
contribute my thoughts/wishes. :-) This is a GREAT idea... I could, I
suppose, include multiple actions in one filter, but that wouldn't catch 'em
I think you're correct in that it needs to have another "keep looking for
more filters" action or something... maybe have a way to "pair" filters so
that you can do multiple things to an email by combining multiple filters,
something along the lines of "include filter #23" and "include filter #5"
etc. so that you get multiple actions. I'm not sure how this would work, but
I think you probably get my idea...

Back to lurk mode. :-)
	John