List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: empty lines in kmail reader pane
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-28 12:13:38

On Friday 27 April 2001 22:44, Richard Bos wrote:
> Since Thursday, when I updated kde from cvs, I've a strange message format
> in my reader pane of kmail.  Every line is now seperated by an empty line.
> Before all empty lines were not present in the reader pane.
>
> I actually think that there are real empty lines present, but the
> formatting is just weird.  Any idea?

Did you update kdelibs and kmail?

It's not unusual for white space bugs to be introduced into the khtml widget.
(Seems to happen every few months). Here's a recent workaround:

http://kdewebcvs.nebsllc.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdenetwork/kmail/kmreaderwin.cpp.diff?r1=1.265&r2=1.266

If you can, please verify it's a bug in the khtml widget, complain to the
html developers (cc their list) and try to find a workaround for the problem
in KMail itself.

It's important to keep KMail in cvs usable at all times, unfortunately that
sometimes means working around bugs in the libs, we can't just wait for bugs
in the libs to be fix by the maintainers there.

Obviously a change shouldn't be made if there is no bug in the html widget
and it's just a case of kmail and kdelibs being out of sync.

BFN,
Don.