List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: empty lines in kmail reader pane
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-28 12:13:38

On Friday 27 April 2001 22:44, Richard Bos wrote:
> Since Thursday, when I updated kde from cvs, I've a strange message \
> format in my reader pane of kmail.  Every line is now seperated by an \
> empty line. Before all empty lines were not present in the reader pane.
>
> I actually think that there are real empty lines present, but the
> formatting is just weird.  Any idea?

Did you update kdelibs and kmail?

It's not unusual for white space bugs to be introduced into the khtml \
widget.  (Seems to happen every few months). Here's a recent workaround:

http://kdewebcvs.nebsllc.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdenetwork/kmail/kmreaderwin.cpp.diff?r1=1.265&r2=1.266

If you can, please verify it's a bug in the khtml widget, complain to the
html developers (cc their list) and try to find a workaround for the \
problem  in KMail itself.

It's important to keep KMail in cvs usable at all times, unfortunately that \
 sometimes means working around bugs in the libs, we can't just wait for \
bugs  in the libs to be fix by the maintainers there.

Obviously a change shouldn't be made if there is no bug in the html widget
and it's just a case of kmail and kdelibs being out of sync.

BFN,
Don.