List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Question: Why does KMFilterActionMove::process() forKMMessage::parent() ?
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-27 11:58:28

On Thursday 26 April 2001 19:57, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Hmm, then checking for a parent is simply like an assert(), because
> KMFilter::execActions() should check for the return code. AFAICS, there
> are four of them

> (used to be int's, now they will be enum):

That's an improvement.

> -1 (GoOn):           Everything is OK, the caller of
>                      execActions() is still owner of the
>                      message and you should continue applying
>                      filter actions.
>  0 (Finished):       Everything is OK, but the caller of
>                      execActions() is no longer owner.
>                      Processing should stop here.
>  1 (ErrorButGoOn):   There was a small error (like invalid
>                      parameter). Treated the same as GoOn.
>  2 (CriticalError):  There was a critical error (like "disk
>                      full"). Processing should stop here.
>
> We could replace "if( msg-parent() ) return 0;" with "assert(
> msg->parent() );".
> If execActions() would properly check the ret.codes, the assert() would
> never fire, no?
>
> Or is there more behind that?

execActions does check the return code. I think execActions and the way it
interacts with the various kmfilteractions has been carefully checked.

Replace "if( msg->parent() ) return 0;" with "assert( msg->parent() );"? Are
you talking about KMFilterActionMove::process? I don't think that's a good
idea, it would stop other actions being applied to the message. Eg if 2
actions were defined

1) Move to folder x
2) Forward to foo@bar.com

Then only the first action would be applied.

Well there is still a problem in the current implementation where actions
like set identity are applied but have no effect when in the list of actions
the set identity action comes after a move action.

BFN,
Don.