List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Question: Why does KMFilterActionMove::process()
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-04-26 22:29:07

Nicholas Hagen wrote:

> > > Would be nice if the "Match all of the following" and "Match any of
> > > the following" radio buttons could be place side by side.
<snip>
> > I don't think that this will look good. Any opinions from the others?
<snip>
> I agree with Don in that they should be side to side.  To me by having them
> on separate lines, it seems as though they are separate things, yet only one
> can be selected.  For this reason, I think having it on one line would work
> and look better.

Um? Well, most radio buttons I've seen are placed below each other, esp.
when their labels are that wide. Frankly, this pair of radio buttons was
that last thing I thought of as making trouble...

> I agree with Don as well in that it leaves room for Apply
> to Incoming and Apply to Outgoing.
<snip>

I've got other plans with those. The group box "Filter Criteria"
contains the search pattern, after all. I don't think that those options
would be placed well in there. I'd rather make a new group box
(depending on whether there are other options to be put there), or - and
that's what I think I will do - put two more columns in the filter list
box and place check{boxes,icons} there.

The third possiblility would be to make multiple filter lists (incoming,
outgoing, user defined, e.g. "apply this filter list when folder Foo
contains more than x messages", ie. using filters to manage
(shadow-)folders as archives). But I haven't made up my mind about that
one.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>     http://EncryptionHOWTO.sourceforge.net/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)