On Thursday, 26. April 2001 01:44, hans@ecke.ws wrote: > > In this, it is quite unfortunate that kmail uses its own inbox in > Mail/Inbox. Imagine: * I read a mail with kmail and decide to leave it in > my inbox to answer it later * the next time, I use pine - but the above > mail is gone into ~Mail/inbox. Now I have to tell pine to go into this > special folder. My whole workflow is broken. What about setting up a local POP3 server if not already running and using that instead of the local account? > The same problem with procmail. Why do I need to do something special to > use procmail? Pine is fine if procmail writes into ~Mail. Why can't kmail? > > I suppose its all an issue of the .index files. I see at least a couple > ways how to solve this: * check modification time on mail folders (or > checksums). If somebody other than kmail changed a folder, rebuild the > .index files * How does pine do it? AFAIK they also use persistent > information in some special mail in each folder (or only the inbox?). Yet > pine is able to play nice with other mailers and procmail. A way to use procmail together with KMail is described in the FAQ. Regards, Michael Häckel _______________________________________________ Kmail Developers mailing list Kmail@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail