List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail crashes reproduceably ! (mailinglist-magic.cpp)
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-04-18 13:41:23

The message looks invalid to me (see p *message debug that dfaure did).

Looks like new code is the culprit. Specifically new code in
KMMainWin::updateMessageMenu

        KMMessage* msg = mMsgView->msg();  // bad bad bad
        if ( !msg )
            return;

        QString name, value;
        QString lname = detect_list( msg, name, value );

specifically I question the line I marked with the //bad bad bad comment.
The message pointed to by the readerwindow is not necessarily valid, sorry
this is not at all obvious. I guess this method should be removed from
kmreaderwin.h

  /** Returns the current message or NULL if none. */
  KMMessage* msg(void) const { return mMsg; }

BTW, any progress on fixing the crash when deleting an account while the
precommand is in progress? Perhaps if someone tries to delete an account
while mail checking is in progress the should be given a "sorry can't delete
accounts while mail checking is in progress" error message. Or better yet
mark the current account being checked, and prevent that from being deleted.

BFN,
Don.