List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH : scoring
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-04-13 8:50:42

On Thursday, 12. April 2001 22:55, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> I can't really make an adapter for this over a QString, what would I do
> with addScore() ?

I don't fully understand, why you want to store the score in a QString.

> One possible way is, associate the QString with an Int, put the score
> there. If score is non null, actually fetch the whole KMMessage and set its
> score. But really this is ugly beyond words. Then again it would probably
> work.

If you add any information to a KMMessage that information in anyway lost as
soon as unGetMsg is called, if you don't add a X-KMail-Score header in the
message body, therefore fetching the whole message makes no sense. Usually
only the actually displayed message is completely in memory.

In your patch you add the score to the KMMsgBase which you have anyway in any
case and there the information is remembered at least until the user switches
to a different folder.
That should still work, however I think that is not the very best place for
that, since KMMsgBase is a memory critical point and should only contain
really important information to find the message in the folder.

Wouldn't it also be enough, if you add the score only to the QListViewItems?

Regards,
Michael Häckel