List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: filters question
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc () Mutz ! com>
Date:       2001-04-12 9:30:08

On Thursday 12 April 2001 01:35, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Hi, Waldo.  I tried to filter using <Received> as well as the menu
> > options, but it doesn't seem to work.

Have you entered "<Received>" or "Received". If the former, try the
latter.

> > I hope you put <Received> into the options
> > next go 'round.  It is the only reliabable header for filter
> > certain  spam I am plagued with.  I really like KMail.  Not a
> > problem, just a question.
>
> Maybe one of the other developers knows more about it...

If there is problem with entering "Received" into the field and this
not working, this may be that there are typically more than one
Received headers in any given EMail? KMFilterRule::matches() just calls
KMMessage::headerField("Received") in this case and tries to match the
rule against the string returned by that function. So what does
headerField("Received") return? All Received headers concatenated, or
only the first one?

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>