List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Kmail print fonts -- too small!!!
From:       Benjamin Sher <sher07 () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2001-04-08 20:25:32

Dear Kmail:

I like Kmail a lot, but, as is often the case, a simple feature or lack of
it, can be an insurmountable obstacle. And, in this case, it may be that I am
just missing something.

I have been learning how to configure Kmail (and KDE 2.1.1 in general).
Amazing what you can do. For example, I had no idea you can change the fonts
in KDE, almost anywhere. No need to accept the font sizes or typefaces
anywhere. You can change them in Control Center, Look & Feel, Fonts, etc.

I learned to change the SCREEN fonts in Kmail receive and send messages. Very
pleased.

However, no matter what I do, I find it impossible to change the PRINT fonts
in Kmail. I have two "locally connected" printers listed under Kmail, Print
(Okipage 10e, my printer) and lp printer. Using other one produces a printed
page in tiny font sizes, absolutely unacceptably tiny. You can barely read
them. On the other hand, the same printer produces wonderful print quality
and font sizes in Netscape Messenger.

Does this have anything to do with True Type fonts, which I can use in
Mandrake 7.2 (I have a dual-boot system).

Am I missing something? Surely, there must be an answer to this in Kmail.

Thank you so kindly.

Benjamin

--
Sher's Russian Web