List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Read-Only Folders
From:       Anthony Moulen <ajmoulen () moulen ! org>
Date:       2001-04-03 14:47:10

Is it possible to open mail folders that live on Read-Only media?  I have
archived a whole pile of folders out to a CDROM and would like to be able
to read my archived messages off the CD without copying the folder back to
my ~/Mail folders and then reading it (after restarting Kmail).  I have
seen a couple of mentions of this but no answer as to if it would be
possible to do.  It seems to me that it shouldn't be all that difficult to
mark a folder as read-only and allow it to be viewed.  Maybe there needs
to be a tag or something for the folder, I don't know.

Thanks,
Anthony Moulen