List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Filter suggestions
From:       Graham TerMarsch <graham () howlingfrog ! com>
Date:       2001-03-30 20:40:31

On Friday 30 March 2001 11:41, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> - Give the user the possibility to create a quick filter inside the
> subfolder options dialog. Similar to the mailing-list option, the user
> can say "folder contains mail from" and enter an eMail address, so all
> mail from this person ist automatically moved into the folder.

Love the idea of that.  Having ~300 mail folders, and ~50 people I'm
regularly mailing back and forth with, it'd be really nice to have an item
on a popup menu that let me make a filter that'd drop msgs into that
folder.

While thinking about filters, another nice idea (dunno if its been talked
about yet), is the ability to select a msg and bring up a filter dialog
that has things like "To or CC", "From", and "Subject" already filled out
based on the contents of the msg itself.  More a nicety than anything
else, but would be slick for helping create quick mail filters based on
stuff thats coming in.

--
Graham TerMarsch