List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for reply w/o quote
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-03-13 18:06:23

Seth Chaiklin wrote:

<snip>
> > I'm not sure, whether it would be better, to make that configurable in the
> > configure dialog instead of adding a new action.
>
> Wouldn't that mean that one either always has quote or always has noquote
> (depending on how the dialog was set)?
<snip>

Not if one adds a 'quote' action to the message composer (like netscape
mail does). However, the best solution I see was to

a.) Make 'always quote when replying' a config option.
b.) Add two actions top the composer:
    1. quote all
    2. quote selection
c.) Make (b2) add <snip>...<snip> (config'able of course)
    around the quote snippet.
d.) Add a new toolbar popup button (or what it's called; like
    'back' in konqueror). Hitting it means 'quote all', pushing
    and holding it pops up both options.

I reckon this a flexible and powerful way of doing quoting.
Users that almost always quote, check the config option (a).
Users that don't always quote, or like to employ the 'quote selection'
mechanism, would uncheck (a) and use (b1), (b2) instead.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>     http://EncryptionHOWTO.sourceforge.net/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)