List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: trash cleaning
From:       Philippe Fremy <pfremy () chez ! com>
Date:       2001-03-07 9:17:24

> Thanks for the patch, it seems to work well now.
>
> However I have still a few little remarks regarding the GUI:
> - Why do you use "Mo"? Everywhere else in KDE megabyte is abbreviated "MB".

Oops, that slipped from french, Mo is MegaOctet.

> - I though you moved to KIntNumBox some time ago? If you really need a
>   QSpinBox, then please workaround the problem that old value is saved when
>   the number is entered with the keyboard but the Ok button clicked with
> the mouse. That can be done for example by giving some other widget the
> focus, when the Ok button is clicked. That could really lead to unwanted
> data loss here.
I though so too. I took the wrong patch.
grrrr.

> - The configuration dialog is with that change somewhat bigger which is not
>   that nice on small displays. Also with that the layout of the other pages
>   does not look very well IMHO. Could you please either use a second tab or
>   even better move the external editor configuration to a separate tab on
> the composer page?
I'll try to do something like that.

> - I think when "Empty trash on exit" is checked, then the other two options
>   should be grayed out, since they don't make much sense then.
It is already the case, no ?

> > It works with trash, but it seems like people have been requesting this
> > same feature for other folder. Well, implementing it is just a matter of
> > adding a few dialogs.
>
> If you want to do that, it would be great.
Unfortunately, I don't want to add that, I want to work on other things like
kvim. I have plenty of ideas for kmail but currently, I really want to focus
on other things.

> I think the best place would be a third tab in the folder properties
> dialog. But that should go into a different patch. I'll commit your patch
> as soon as the above mentioned things are either solved or discussed to
> stay as they are.
I'll do a 3rd attempt. It is good to see that you are careful with the patch
you apply, but it is tedious to redo this patch over and over :-)))

> > In fact, it would be a good idea, when creating a folder, to propose in
> > the dialog if the user wants to associate a timeout for the mails. And if
> > associated with a mailing-list, to propose a default filter (to-or-cc
> > with the name of the list).
>
> In general a filter with To-or-Cc is a bad idea for filtering a mailing
> list. However most user seem to not know that there is a better way. For
Kmail-tips!!!!

> example on the kmail mailing list all bug report do neither contain
> kmail@kde.org in the To field nor in the Cc field and they are sent through
> the list.
Everything with #Bug goes directly to trash by me. My programs are prefect
:-)))

	regards,

	Philippe