List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for "Empty trash on local mail" menu item
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel=20?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-02-27 15:03:47

On Tuesday, 27. February 2001 14:03, Heiko Nardmann wrote:

> > Well, I currently can't see the purpose for this feature.
> > We have already a function to empty folders and I don't understand, why
> > the trash folder need a different function for that.
>
> Because switching to a trash folder which contains several thousand mail is
> quite time consuming. So I wanted to be able to empty the trash without
> switching to the trash folder.

If that is the only purpose of this feature, then I think it would be better
to improve the performance of folder switching instead.

Also there was already another patch posted which automatically expires old
messages from the trash. Unfortunately the latest version didn't really work.
I hope Philippe Fremy posts an update.

Regards,
Michael Häckel