List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fcc folder and trash cleaning (Re: feature freeze or not ?)
From:       Philippe Fremy <fremy () yalbi ! com>
Date:       2001-02-01 20:02:17

> > About the fcc folder patch:
> > - If I select View->All Fields in the composer, then the fcc field is
> > not displayed although it is also a field.
Oops. It was working once, I'll check that again.

> > - It doesn't work well with queuing. When queuing several messages and
> > then sending the queue, only the last message goes where it should. The
> > others go to sent-mail. The information should be better stored in a
> > X-KMail-Fcc header that is again removed before sending.
Sounds like a good idea. I'll work on that later and test the patch a bit
more regarding this.

> > - Maybe a sticky checkbox would be nice, like for the Mail Transport
> > and the identity? Well I currently don't fully understand the purpose
> > of this feature. The current effort of setting the fcc folder is at
> > least the same if not more effort, as sorting the mails in the
> > sent-mail folder later.
I usually delete my sent-mail when I find it is too big. I use the fcc to
store only a few important mails where I want to know exactly what I said.
I usually forget to go to sent-mail and move my message to some good place.
With fcc, I don't have to parse sent-mail to find my bloody message 2 weeks
later.

> About the fcc folder patch I tend to think like Michael. Having a sticky
> entry, then all messages go into the same folder. In fact, there is no
> big difference to using sent-mail folder. OTOH changing the folder for
> each mail manually is not what I intend to use.
> The best approach would be to have filter rules applying automaticly for
> this too. But I think, I can have filters already now and apply them
> manually my sent messages.
Adding filter would be a nice thing, but I won't do it. I just use fcc
sometimes, because it is easier to decide if a mail should be stored when
you are writing than to find it in sent-mail when you have sent it. This is
the only  reason I added fcc, and it doesn't do much more than thatt.

	regards,

	Philippe