List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Encryption of mail attachments in Kmail
From:       Sven Carstens <s.carstens () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-01-08 11:30:10

Am Sun, 08 Jan 2001 schrieben Sie:
> Nevertheless I think, it's a good thing to work on. If someone can point
> me to any information about how to build the attachments (MIME,
> boundaries etc.) I would like to give it a try on my private system and
> post a patch as soon as I have something useful.

The RFC is 2311 and is about signing and encrypting.
Signing seems to be the easiest part and will work with gpg.
For encryption we'll need pkcs-7/10 support.

Signed messages are of the type multipart/signed with the parameter
micalg specifying the algorithm used (eg. pgp-md5) and protocol specifying
the (of course) protocol (eg. application/pgp-signature).
Important while signing/verifying is that the signature includes the comple=
te mime
entity with all headers.

CU Sven