List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Sending from KMail
From:       Jason Stephenson <panda () mis ! net>
Date:       2001-01-03 11:29:18

On Wednesday 03 January 2001 04:09, Stefan Taferner wrote:

> .... and some users change the default without reason and forget to read
> the manual and then ask us what shall be in there ...  ;o)

Well, they shouldn't do that!

I think we ought to just leave it like it is, so that we can smack these
dummies around a bit when they ask questions like, "Why can't I get mail when
I set my SMTP port to 4,000,506?" :-)

Besides, I think these are going to be the minority of our users. The
majority of KMail users already run Linux or some kind of BSD or other UNIX,
so odds are they're a bit more computer literate than the average M$ Windoze
user. (Oh, I know, I'm a UNIX sysadmin at my day job, and I deal with idiot
UNIX users every day.)

Just remember, "If you make it idiot-proof, then only an idiot will use it."
:-)

Cheers,
Jason