List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Sender/Recipient in mailboxes
From:       Pieter van Beek <vanbeek () kobasoft ! nl>
Date:       2001-01-02 13:04:23

Hi all (Don, Stefan et al.),

Thank you for developing KMail. I've been using it for over a year now, with
full satisfaction.

So much for the slime: I just upgraded from KMail/KDE1 to KMail1.1.99/KDE2
and I really miss a great feature that was in the old version: In mailboxes
folder listviewa other than the sent/out boxes, there is a column for the
"Sender". Now, in the old version, if a mail was marked as "sent", than the
"sender" field in the folder view would show the recipient instead of the
sender (which is obviously me, because the mail is marked as "sent").

This was very useful indeed, because I tend to sort my mail in many boxes,
e.g. I have a box for all email from AND TO my friends. All mails I sent
myself have me as the sender, so I cannot easily find an email I remember
having sent to a known recipient some unknown date.

So consider this a feature request:
Could the "Sender" field reflect the recipient if the message is marked as
sent? I would be willing to sent you a patch, but fact is that a) you have
already done this in the past and b) you know the code far better than me, so
I'm affraid to break dependencies if I patch it up.

Greetings, and keep up the good work!

Pieter.

--
KOBAYASHI SOFTWARE                                  Gouden Leeuw 836
Phone: +32 20 4165015    http://www.kobasoft.nl    1103 KT Amsterdam