List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Rework of the mail composer
From:       Matthias Grimrath <m.grimrath () tu-bs ! de>
Date:       2000-12-27 15:07:06

Hello everyone!

I am new to this list. I joined because I want to add some feature to kmail's
mail editor. Discussing my plans on this list seems to be a good idea.

a) I want to change the To:, Cc:... widgets so that they can display the
recipients' addresses in more than one line. I frequently write emails to 10+
people so I'd like to have a better overview.

b) As time permits, I would add groups to the addressbook, so I can collect a
whole a set of people under a name.  It's a very nice feature in Pine :-)

Having a look at the file 'kmcomposewin.cpp' I feel an urgent need to clean
it up. There are scattered '#ifdef KRN' that seem to have no purpose today.
Instead of calculation the widget layout by 'rethinkHeaders' I would try to
utilize Qt's layout classes to get the same effect. I think I can also make
the 'KMComposeWin' calls more readable by putting the headerwidgets in some
kind of list and remove the circular dependency with KMEdit by using
signal/slots.

Greets,
Matthias Grimrath