List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Local Mail Store (Was: Re: Database library )
From:       "Christian Edward Gruber" <christian.edward.gruber () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-12-23 0:59:35

Recommendation.  The Maildir format really works well, has several
implementations already available in open-source, has minimal overhead,
handles locking and concurrent access well, and is generally good for this
sort of thing.

Given the architecture of KMail, it seems quite feasible and normal to
support (natively) multiple folder types.

regards,
Christian.