List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: view folder as outbox patch
From:       Alessandro Praduroux <pradu () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2000-12-18 13:25:53

On Sunday 17 December 2000 20:14, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Saturday, 16. December 2000 15:21, Alessandro Praduroux wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am used to categorize my sent mail, other than the incoming mail.
> >
> > Using KMail, I have two little problems related to this:
> > - I want to be able to filter outgoing mail too
> > - When I've my sent mail in some subfolder, I want to see the receiver
> > instead of the sender in the folder list (the sender is always me ;).
> >
> > I've made a patch to the current CVS that solves both problems, and it is
> > attached. Essentially, the folder gains another property and another tab
> > in the folder config dialog. By default a folder is always an inbox, but
> > can be turned into an outbox at user will
> >
> > The filter issue is a bit more complicated: actually the patch always
> > filters outgoing mail, while should be better to make this configurable
> > as well and to extend filters to behave differently if the mail is an
> > incoming or outgoing mail
>
> I think, filtering of all outgoing mails without the possibility to disable
> this feature is not acceptable.
> Also we are currently in feature freeze until KDE 2.1. After that these
> features would be nice, if they are configurable. Or would subfolders of
> sent-mail possibly by better than a display as outbox option?
>
> Regards,
> Michael Häckel

I think that filtering all outgoing mail is bad too, I will try to make it
configurable when I have time (it may take a while ;) )

About using subfolders of sent-mail I think is a suboptimal solution, since I
have multiple accounts and keep mail from each account separated into a
folder. I then end up with (simplified):

account1

  +-- mail in (eventually divided in subfolders to categorize messages)

  +-- mail out

account2

  +-- mail in (eventually divided in subfolders to categorize messages)

  +-- mail out

And i like it better than:

sent-mail

  +-- account1