List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Regarding imap kio slave
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2000-12-14 18:21:14

On Thursday, 14. December 2000 15:11, Sven Carstens wrote:
> Just encountered some 'minor' problems:
>
> Beware if you use procmail and an imap server (in my case uw-imap).
>
> Using procmail to deliver the mail into different imap folders on the
> server is NOT working in a proper fashion. On the next status or
> select the server might notice that somebody has been playing
> with its mailboxes and will assign a new uidvalidity to the box.
> He will reassign a new validity each time the box is handled until
> it is opened in read-write mode and can be updated by the server.

As we are on this subject, who usually does the sorting into the different
imap folders? Shall that be done by KMail, or does the imap server support
filtering?

Should it also be possible to move a message from one imap folder to an other
(of course later) or to copy a message from an imap folder to a local one?

Also I still don't understand, how that can work, if all mails remain on the
server and they are only cached locally. My provider offers me 10 MB for
that, and when I leave all my mails on the server, the space is filled up
within about 10 days. I would prefer to have all mails from the last few days
on the server and an archive of all mails I ever recieved locally.

Anyway, for the moment I only work on readonly displaying of the imap folders
and their content.

Regards,
Michael Häckel