List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Some 1.1.99 issues
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-10-27 8:49:56

Hi,

First: I am not complaining about anything - just wondering:

Has kmail 1.1.99 got slower (blocks longer) than 1.0.29x? To me
 it seems so. Here are some issues I have located:

1. Changing the displayed header type ("standard", "long" "all" etc)
takes 3-4 sec on  my machine when I am doing it from a big
folder compared with ~0.5 (or less) sec on 1.0.29x The delay is
pretty annoying when you need to take a quick look at the full header

2.  Setting the body font + colors etc also takes alot longer time.
Is this a html issue or just that the subject list is updated
as well even its font is not changed?

3. Changing folders also seems to me to take longer time. It may be
that I was a bit fustrated about the above issues so that the blocking
seemed longer than it actually was :) I did not use nested folders.

I use the code from the 20 BRANCH. I have my Mail folder on
an nfs partition here in office and I got the  hang on startup problem
(some nfs lock problem) which I fixed by  changing
F_SETLKW -> F_SETLK in  KMFolder::lock() Could that
change cause slower execution somewhere?

--
Espen Sand, Research Scientist
Norsk Elektro Optikk A/S, http://www.neo.no