List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Search fails on large message folder
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2000-09-30 3:44:17

Casey Allen Shobe wrote (on Fri, 29 Sep 2000):
> Why is it only processing 103 out of 1974 messages?

> Okay, I've discovered the bug that was causing this!  Here's a portion of
> my email folders:
> When I switch into the KDE Development folder, and press S, it searches the
> LICQ development folder unless I manually change the folder from the
> dropdown.

I can reproduce this - I also have a two folders named CVS - I get the same
problem there.

> Okay, problem solved?  No, because this generated another bug.  The search
> never finds anything - it does search them all, takes a little while to do
> so, but doesn't find anything, ever, even if I search all 1974 messages
> using <complete message> for 'bug' or something common.

However, strangely, the search works on the CVS folder after I manually
change it to the correct CVS folder.  Any way that I could track down the
reason it won't search my Development folder?  The CVS folder has 4400
messages, so size apparently isn't the problem.

--
Casey Allen Shobe / ASI Technologies
cshobe@mediaone.net / cshobe@mailandnews.com