List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Feature Question -- re: KDE2 version of KMail
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2000-09-24 17:28:46

Just wondering how POP mail will work in KMail... i.e. will
you have to check ALL servers at once if you have multiple
pop servers or can you selectively poll pop servers? For
example, the way Outlook Express does it, you have a
checkbox when setting up mail servers that says "always
include this server when doing a full send/receive." If you
don't check that box for a particular server, when you hit
"check mail" it won't check that particular server.

If this feature is not available, I'll have to continue to
use a secondary mail client as I have an email address on a
different POP server that doesn't get NEARLY the amount of
traffic as my primary email addresses.

To be specific... I have the "mail.chattanooga.net" server,
which handles my email for "john@chattanooga.net" and my
personal domain. Then I have an account on Spamcop.net which
has all my Yahoo email forwarded to it. I need to check
that MAYBE two or three times a day at most.

I'd really hate to have to hit the spamcop.net server every
time I picked up mail from my primary mail server. I know
this is more mail addresses than most people have... :-)

I'm just curious about how the multiple identities will
work when polling for mail... :-)

Thanks...
	John

PS... I *did* take a quick peek in the archive, but I
didn't see this specific question answered.... :-)