List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail: bugreport+bugfix (nested multipart messages)
From:       Michael Haeckel <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2000-09-24 8:59:22

Hi,

Some time ago you sent a mail with a change in kmmessage.cpp that improves
the displaying of some nested multipart messasges.

In general we appreciate every help, but for me it is not easy to test and
possibly apply it, for the following reasons. You didn't send a patch but the
whole file. Plese use "diff -u (old-file) (new-file) > patch.diff" and send
us the output file, that I can see the changes and also am able to apply the
patch to a newer version of KMail. Another problem is the we are currently
working on much newer version of KMail that will come with KDE2 and your
changes will probably require some adaption.
The current development version of KMail still is not able to display the
test messages you sent correctely.

If you want to have your improvements in KMail, then please send us a diff
against a current beta or CVS version of KMail.

Regards,
Michael Häckel