List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Temp files
From:       Michael Haeckel <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2000-08-31 21:05:04

Hi,

This temp files in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/tmp also have the problem that
they remain there for the case KMail exits abnormally. Today I removed 500k
of temp files from about 30 KMail PIDs. Not that much memory, but for people
who get messages with bigger attachments than I usually get that could become
much more.
When the user has a small quota set these files could waste valueable space.
Even for me, today was the first time, I saw all these files.

When KTempfile is used the files also stay in the /tmp dir after a crash but
there they are usually cleaned out by the system when they are too old.

KMail should not crash very often of course.
To be changed after KDE 2.0 I guess.

Regards,
Michael Häckel

PS: Sorry for sometimes not replying, but I didn't get for example the mail
Daniel sent today regarding that subject. Therefore I got some other mails
five times :-(