List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KHTML printing
From:       Michael Haeckel <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2000-08-30 18:15:44

On Wednesday, 30. August 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> What do you mean with miniatures? If you set your window to a width of 1024
> I expect (based on what the code currently does) that the output will be
> scaled 50% so that the whole width of the window fits the page. Is that
> what you see?

No, that is only what I see if my fontsize for the reader window is around 12
Pt. For example if I set the font size to 24 and resize the window that the
message fits in, only half of the width on the paper is used although is uses
full width on the screen.

If I remove m_part->setFontSizes(fontSizes) then I see that always. Even the
line breaks are exactely at the same places then.

> The print output uses its own font sizes. I don't know if there is a
> particular reason for that.

I think the best way would be if khtmlview would always use the same
fontsize, e. g. 10 or 12 Pt for printing independant of the window width and
the font size on the screen. Bigger or smaller fonts are not useful on the
paper IMO. Netscape for example does it that way. The fontsize for printing
is not even configurable there.

Regards,
Michael Häckel

PS: Would be nice, if you could look at my three patches posted yesterday and
the day before yesterday to the list.