List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail bug report?
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-08-11 6:50:49

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Hi Again.
>
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> >Not known yet. Never encountered that problem AFAIK.
> >I cc it to our mailing list, maybe somebody has an idea.
> >Guys, please cc your answers also to Doc. :-)  ...
>
> Further to my previous email, some recent experimental evidence has shown
> that (ahem) I was wrong to state that trying to attach an empty file with
> an arbitrary filename causes kmail to crash.  However, it *does* lock-up
> solid if I try to attach an MP3 file to a message.

There is nothing magic on an MP3 file -- from kmail's point of view.

The only thing that could be possible is that the attachment properties
dialog has problems, e.g. with the MP3 icon. Does the little dialog show
up after selecting the file or does kmail crash before?

Could you try it with another file, e.g. by renaming the said MP3 to
something else, or gzipping it?

> > is the list still 100%  male? (just wondering)
>
> Well, if you were counting on me to tip the balance, I'm sorry to
> dissapoint :-)

You would have to join the mailing list anyways before counting ;-)

--Stefan