List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    RFC822 compliant MIME headers in KMail
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2000-08-09 19:47:42

Hi,

I hope that I have fixed the problem with extended ASCII characters in the
MIME headers of KMail. Daniel asked me to ask on this list if someone wants
to check the headers or the attached patch and tell us if it is now correct.

This mail contains characters encrypted as described in RFC 2047 in the From
header, the attachment filename and the attachment description.

Netscape 4.73 is now no longer able to decrypt the attachment description
correctly when it is encrypted that way, but I would say that is their bug.

I've made this patch with the development version of KMail from two days ago,
I don't know if it also works for older versions.

Regards,
Michael Häckel
["=?iso-8859-1?q?rfc2047-=E4=F6=FC=2Ediff=2Egz?=" (application/x-gzip)]