List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: korrupte KMail-index-Dateien
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-04 0:50:41

I think what's happened is when KMail crashed you inbox file index got
corrupted (what were you doing when this happened? I've never been able to
reproduce this). Then because you have "empty trash on exit" turned on when
you next exited KMail your inbox folder (not just the inbox folder index)
effectively was emptied.

One way around this is to touch all your folder files (but not the index
files) after KMail crashes, forcing the index files to be regenerated (this
will mean you will lose the read/unread status of mails and possibly recently
deleted mails will be undeleted).

Thanks for the info,
Don.