List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for sorting sent-mail by To:
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-03 19:12:36

On Thu, 03 Aug 2000, Golda Velez wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thanks for the work on kmail - its the best gui mail client for linux I've
> found!

Thanks, I hope you don't mind me forwarding your comment to the list so other
deserving people receive it also.

> I had a small problem, in that I often want to look up a mail message I've
> sent, and so want to sort sent-mail by recipient.  This doesn't work in
> kmail 1.0.29.2.  Also, I was confused by the behaviour of alternating sorts
> by Descending - Ascending - Index when you click on the column headers.
> Each time it went to an index sort I didn't realize what had happened, I
> expected it to just alternate between descending & ascending.
>
> So, here are my patches, they work for me, and probably you would at least
> want the one for sorting sent-mail.  Let me know if any clarificaiton is
> needed... (Now, if cutting & pasting to Netscape would work, all would be
> perfect ;-)

Thanks for your patch. Did you know that a new stable version of KMail is
(hopefully) not to far away from being released? You can read about it here

http://devel-home.kde.org/~kmail/kmailreview/

I have attempted to address both the annoyances you mention in this new
version.

BFN,
Don.