List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [bug] identiy
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-07-31 22:48:17

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Don Sanders wrote:

<cut>

> > Ok, we used to pop a the configuration dialog the first time KMail
> > started. I liked that, I wonder whether there was any good reason for it
> > being turned off. I might turn it back on again if no one objects, I
> > think that would help.
>
> Yes, I also think the name "unkown identity" contributed to the confusing.
> (This was changed to "default identity" wasn't it?)

No not yet. I want to call if "Default" rather than "default identity". It
shouldn't be hard to make the change but it's not completely trivial, and if
you mess up you'll probably corrupt essential settings for a lot of users and
upset them.

At least we already have an i18n( "Default" ), so we aren't adding any new
translations.

> >From what I understand now, the "send method" doesn't refer to "send
> > directly
>
> or queue" but to the smtp server, and that it indeed defaults to "send
> directly". So there is no problem there. What is confusing is that the
> message box refers to "send method" and that
> Settings->Configure->Network->Properties lists a "Default send method"
> option. But appearantly both "send methods" are completely unrelated.

So it should say something like "please ensure you have completed the
'Sending Mail' tab of the 'Network' section of the main configuration
dialog", and then pop up the main configuration dialog and make the network
section current.

BFN,
Don.