List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KMail and command line options
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-31 20:36:22

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> Ok, I implemented it. Update and try something like:
>
> kmail --msg ~/.bashrc
>
> It will open up a new composer and set the body to the contents of
> ~/.bashrc (hope this is what you wanted).
>
> Only local files are supported, errors are silently ignored, relative
> pathnames don't seem to work.

Hm... that's becaue it's specified as an option instead of an argument :-]

If it was an argument (e.g. "kmail ~/.bashrc") KCmdLineArgs would make a
proper URL available via KCmdLineArgs::url().

You can have a look at this function to see what it does to handle relative
files.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Make way, KDE/Linux is coming to a desktop near you!