List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [bug] identiy
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-29 20:52:28

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, fred bastok wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the default identity is "unknown" and it is impossible to remove it. When
> you compose a new, the system use this identity and that makes problems for
> me. Please, make it possible to remove the "unknown" identity !

Yes, please :-) I got flamed over this by my wife who tried to use KMail
yesterday as a new user. She has used KMail before for some time, but her
configuration was in another KDEHOME directory so it obviously wasn't picked
up. (I wasn't home so I couldn't tell her)

Anyway, the complaint she has is that after typing a rather long message she
tried to send it, and got a messagebox stating that she should set "somekind
of server" (I guess the text in the messagebox could be written in some
easier language) She did that, but after doing so there was no way she could
actually use this server for the mail she had already written. So she had to
throw away the mail (!!) and write it again. This is pretty bad. I'm afraid
it will take weeks before I can convince her to try KMail again :-P

She suggested that if there had been a "Save" option, it would have sucked a
lot less. (Wasn't there someone working already on a "Draft" folder?)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Make way, KDE/Linux is coming to a desktop near you!