List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Filter dialog situation
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       2000-07-03 6:17:46

On Sun, 02 Jul 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> > The filter dialog is modeless, which is pretty cool except for the fact
> > that it wasn't designed to be modeless. Specifically it modifies the (ie
> > the one and only) filtering dialog class as you make changes, rather than
> > only applying the changes when you click apply.
>
> Sorry that didn't make make sense. I was trying to say that when you use the
> filter dialog the changes take effect immediately rather than when you click
> the apply/ok buttons.

well, whatever ;-)  I think dialog should remain modeless after the changes
(that is perhaps the plan?) Most times I have added a new rule I have opened he
dialog first and then done some  Copy/Paste from the message window. A usual I
don't consider myself a freak case so I guess most people do it like that.
Wouldn't be nice if that was not possible anymore.

--
Espen Sand