List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Why I think we need to have a "don't use HTML" button/menu item and config setting
From:       George Staikos <staikos () 0wned ! org>
Date:       2000-05-31 14:19:04

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jun 2000, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 May 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> > > Perhaps we should consider turning html mail off by default?
> >
> >    We could and maybe should.  It's a simple config item, really.  I would
> > love to have a button or menu item to switch on the fly though...
>
> You mean being able to change it for the current folder
> (Folder->Prefer plaintext to html) isn't enough?

  Oh Yeah! <tm>

   Heheh that's what I get for talking about the most recent version when I'm
using the old one here...  Good point, that's 50% of what I want.  The config
option is also needed though (as a global setting, as you said)

> BTW I do mean to answer your few days old message about how KMail should be
> modified to use the SMTP kioslave, I'm just still working out the details.

   No problem.  I'm heading to Montreal for the weekend so I'm only going to
have Thursday night to do SMTP work anyways, then it will be next week after
that.  I'll be taking the vcard code with me to Montreal though.  Basically I
have until June 14 now (2 weeks) to work on KMail and then I'll be taking off
for the next 2 months.  Hopefully I can get my top 4 items done... SMTP,
vcard, mime digest forwarding, and lastly, certificate verification.

--

George Staikos