List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: SSL - success
From:       George Staikos <staikos () 0wned ! org>
Date:       2000-05-30 15:52:38

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> Maybe I spoke to soon :-(
>
> KMail has crashed twice on me tonight when I selected a new folder (and
> message) once during checking of a pop3 account and once immediately after
> the check had completed.
>
> This is unusual, though I can't be sure why it's happening.

   Hm I would expect that the IOSlave would crash, not KMail.  The diff to
kmail itself in the pop3 code is tiny...  Then you would get a bug dialog,
right?

   I made two non-ssl related patches to the pop3 ioslave.

1) use getservbyname() instead of hardcoding 110 (although it still defaults
to 110 if all else fails)

2) there was a section that had this:

    return false;
     pop3_close();

which I changed to:

     pop3_close();
     return false;

Anyone else commit something recently that could cause these problems?

--

George Staikos