List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: SSL - success
From:       George Staikos <staikos () 0wned ! org>
Date:       2000-05-24 12:42:19

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2000, George Staikos wrote:
> > I have SSL based POP3 working now.  Tomorrow I will try to rework the IOSlave
> > to be spop3:// and get it integrated into the kio tree.  Then I'll have to
> > implement some config options to use it instead of regular pop3.  I have not
> > done certificate verification.  At the moment I don't even know how, although
> > I'm sure there's an example somewhere.
> >
> > Is anyone working on making SMTP an IOSlave?  This would really help with
> > getting ssmtp working next.  I'm pretty confident I can get this working
> > fairly quickly too.
>
> (Currently I am working on the address book and won't be making any commits
> other than bugs fixes in the near future)
>
> It would be awesome if you can get an smtp kioslave working!!! That's one of the
> big 3 things left on my TODO list (IMAP, SMTP, Address book).
>
> > If anyone wants to help test the spop3 code, I can give instructions on how
> > to setup an SSL based POP3 server.  it's rather simple actually.  I'd
> > particularily like to see if SSL APOP works (I know it's redundant, but it
> > should still work).
>
> I'm willing to test it (maybe not properly until this weekend, my
> kdelibs/kdebase is quite outdated now and I have to update and recompile). But
> I'm ignorant about SSL, how do I know if it should work here?

   You have to setup a wrapper on the POP3 server.  Martin asked for
instructions so it looks like I'll set up a small webpage about it tonight
too.

> BTW you might like to subscribe to kde-core and post a message that you have
> written a SSL POP3 ioslave and would like to check it into kdebase. Or I can do
> that for you (whatever you like whenever you're ready).

  I am but I don't have posting access yet.  If it has to come from my
kde.org address, well it's not setup yet due to no multiple identites in the
old kmail :)  I'll look into this tonight when I'm at home again.

--

George Staikos