List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Welcome message
From:       George Staikos <staikos () 0wned ! org>
Date:       2000-05-14 2:53:20

On Sat, 13 May 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> Well my first impression is that the text of the message looks pretty good.
>
> Except "KMail is the built-in e-mail client for the K Desktop Environment."
>
> Should be changed since KMail is a mail client that fits in nicely with KDE,
> but there isn't meant to be any definitive mail client for KDE.
>
> maybe "KMail is an e-mail client for the K Desktop Environment" perhaps
> augmented to indicate it fits in nicely with KDE (Actually a fair number of
> gnome and window maker users use KMail too).
>
> Also either we should start up the settings dialog automatically or we should
> tell the user what settings (identity and an account) they have to define
> before they can use KMail.

   I'll just add a note to instruct the user to go to the settings and fill
them out before proceeding.

  I"ll also change that one line for you.

  So what's the status with searching?  I still have a huge list of items,
some are big and some are small.  I keep chugging along here but we have to
get search going...  I'm not familiar/comfortable enough with the codebase to
do something like imap yet.  I might starting digging into ssl as my next big
project if search is still continuing independent of me.

--

George Staikos