List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail status w/addressbook
From:       NightFlight <nf () ecwh ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2000-05-11 8:18:54

I'm not a developer (yet) so I shoudn't want to take too much of anyone's time.
Forgive my impatience, I likely could have found this information if I had
cared to lurk longer in this group.

I have a few simple questions (hopefully not loaded).

1... Does the development (CVS) release of KMail complie against KDE 1.1.2 libs
successfully. I have QT 1.44  and 2.01.

2... Has the problem of the signature file not handling named pipes ever been
addressed? It's likely a simple matter of changing the open file handle mode.
At one point I wanted to set up a way to handle rotating signatures (randomly
picked with a script or whatever) through a named pipe, but no go with KMail,
works fine with Pine.

Thanks, I'm an avid user and REALLY looking forward to using the development
versions of KMail in the near future, but shaky about the KDE beta tree at this
point. Not that I couldnt' handle it, just a pain in the arse when something
breaks.... *grin*

Oh, and one last question. Once KMail is "perfect" any plans to incorporate
news reading into it? Perhaps even just front end to an existing app would be
cool. Currently I use SLRN, but a GUI front end to it would be "cute", and
smooth if it were right in KMail. Then I wouldn't have to labour and move my
mouse alllll the way over to the other window to read news and go ALLLLL the
way back again to read mail. *laugh*

--
NightFlight
nf@ecwh.dhs.org