List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Kmail cannot attach files with spaces in names
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-05-02 8:06:12

Subject: Kmail cannot attach files with spaces in names
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 13:07:10 -0800
From: Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com>
To: taferner@kde.org

Package: hello
Version: 1.0.29

An attempt to drag-and-drop a file that has a space in its name (or a space
 in the name of a leading dorectory) from a KFM window onto a kmail composer
 window results in a File I/O error such as "The specified file does not
 exist: /home/hajhouse/foo%20bar". (The name of the file to attach is
"/home/hajhouse/foo bar".)

If I attempt to attach a file that has a space in its name or a space in the
name of a leading directory by invoking the menu command Attach > Attach...
and choosing the file in the resulting dialog box, there is no response after
clicking 'okay.' (Neither an error message or the desired result.)

--
Henry House