List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Change order or headers
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-04-27 12:20:54

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Espen Sand schrieb:
> > On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> > >I would like to change the order of the headers to
> > >
> > >Subject, Sender, Date
> > >
> > >(From Sender, Subject, Date)
> > >
> > >Because it looks much better in threaded/hierarchial message header
> > > mode. This change would also change the normal non threaded mode (it
> > > actually looks better there to me too).
> > >
> > >What do people think?
> >
> > The QHeader widget can to this if you drag the title with the mouse (I am
> > sure you already know that :)  Perhaps the order can be stored to disk so
> > that this is fully configurable instead?
>
> That's what I thought about too. This would be the best solution.

Fully configurable would be best, and should be handled properly at some
stage but it is extra work and there are complications like when you change
the order of headers should the status pixmaps stick in the leftmost header?

(We should also add the option to specify which headers to show at some point
to allow display of message-size and has-attachments-pixmap headers).

Anyway it's been 5 minutes and it looks like no one objects :-)  so I will
make the change in my next round of checkins (maybe not tonight but instead
this weekend).

BFN,
Don.