List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Some suggestions and some problems.
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2000-04-27 5:58:08

Don Sanders schrieb:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, neter@nym.xg.nu wrote:
> > I would like to make some suggestions for kmail as well as note some problems.
> >
> > To start I run the 1.0.29-1 (Last "STABLE" release)
> > I have been trying to get PGP to work. I am running
> > pgp 2.6.3in. It seems to work (to some extent) with pgp 5.0 although
> > there are some problems.
> >
> > 1) after spell checking the message it core dumps.
>
> Right. This is fixed in the HEAD branch (KMail 1.1.x) but now after spell
> checking the message become read only. Anyway this is a bug in the libs
> hopefully it will be fixed.
>
> > 2) only one chance to enter a pgp password. (more on this later)
>
> Try the HEAD branch maybe this is fixed, I remember it being fixed.

Yes, it's fixed. Giving a wrong passphrase shows the current message
still encrypted, but each time you select that or another encrypted
message again, you'll be prompted for the passphrase. When the phrase is
okay, then it's stored and no further prompts will occur.
(Well, if you don't select "remember password" in the settings, then you
anyway won't have that problem. But that's no solution for somebody with
mostly encrypted mails.)

> > 3) if PGP password is wrong kmail hangs on send..
>
> Bummer, again try the HEAD branch.
>
> [...]

Andreas