Hi dep, at work I played a little bit with Gnome - just to see the "other world". (On my SuSE 6.3 system there I can run KDE (1.1.2) and Gnome applications parallel.) I started "balsa" (the Gnome mail program) and I were astonished, that it displayed all of kmail's mail folders with all messages in it (the deleted messages too, since I didn't compact the folders before). Perhaps this could be a simple and comfortable solution? (BTW, I don't want to initiate a discussion about KDE vs. Gnome! Just take it as a hint.) Andreas dep schrieb: > > as i keep fiddling with my (apparently uniquely) nonworking newer > kmail builds, i'm having to go back and forth between the 4/16 build > of kde2 and the otherwise pretty good one from yesterday, just so i > can read the mail. i'm wondering -- is there any other mail reader > that reads/writes to the kmail format, so i can set it up and not > have to go dancing around to switch the whole system each time i want > to switch between kmails? > > thanks! > -- > dep > __ > > if you go with the flow you'll get > chopped to pieces by the turbines.